99 Yukon F/S??? MAYBE PARTS ONLY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

missta

Reaction score
I dont have priveleges to post in the classified section, but I am at a lost. I purchased a 1999 Yukon. I made several posts about steering issues that I had. The steering problems have been solved with new axle, new front tires and wheel alignment. The problem with the new tires is the passenger side rubs the fender on right turns. I noticed that the tire on the passenger side sits further back in the well than the driver's side. I took it to the shop this morning only to find out the chassis is bent. I have put all my little savings into buying and repairing this truck. The motor and trans are good. It has nice wheels. I don't want to put this burden on anyone else, but I am considering selling the car for parts only or parting it out. The title was clear, not salvaged. I am pissed. I really can't store it anywhere for parts, but if someone is interested in the whole vehicle for parts only, give me your best offer.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to a body shop and explain your problem. Tell them you will pay cash and maybe for 2-300 they can strap it down and bend it back to normal enough.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to a body shop and explain your problem. Tell them you will pay cash and maybe for 2-300 they can strap it down and bend it back to normal enough.

+1 You just need to find the rite guy. I would invest a little more before starting over with a new truck.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck, but you cant sell it on here until the 80 post rule. Apologize, but see if it can be pulled enough just to drive...save the hassle, much less loss.....

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x4 on the body shop. you would be amazed when they can do with some trashed frames.

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
I took it to a body shop an yesterday. I am looking at 7-800 to straighten it out. I'm gonna check around to see if I can find a better deal.

I left the body shop and went to the tire shop. They had a pair of factory wheels there. I wanted to know if we could do an exchange for my 18's. The owner agreed but it was close to closing. I go to leave there and guess what happens next? The car wouldn't start.

I had to replace the starter last night. I haven't even tuned the Kon up yet. I did bend the fender back on the passenger side to clear the tires. It is barely noticable. No rubbing now.

I still need to replace front shocks. I'm gone to do a little at a time. I do like the tuck. I will find a better price on the straightening, and get that done by winter. The Kon still rolls on.

Thanx for all the imput. I was ready to put it to rest :)

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it to a body shop an yesterday. I am looking at 7-800 to straighten it out. I'm gonna check around to see if I can find a better deal.

I left the body shop and went to the tire shop. They had a pair of factory wheels there. I wanted to know if we could do an exchange for my 18's. The owner agreed but it was close to closing. I go to leave there and guess what happens next? The car wouldn't start.

I had to replace the starter last night. I haven't even tuned the Kon up yet. I did bend the fender back on the passenger side to clear the tires. It is barely noticable. No rubbing now.

I still need to replace front shocks. I'm gone to do a little at a time. I do like the tuck. I will find a better price on the straightening, and get that done by winter. The Kon still rolls on.

Thanx for all the imput. I was ready to put it to rest :)

Check out your local Tech schools(comm. colieges,etc) sometimes they will do repairs like this and only charge you for parts.It is easiest if you happen to know or be related to a student.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035