A/C Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gcletsos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 2001 Yukon SLT with dual a/c. Does the a/c compressor ever shut off? Most vehicles I have driven, the compressor cycles on and off as the car reaches temperature.
Also.I charged my a/c, but I charged it with only the front a/c on. After reading a few threads on it, I saw that the a/c is supposed to be charged with both a/c's on.
So I put a gauge on my truck. With only the front a/c on the gauge is reading around 45psi. With both a/c's on the gauge goes up to around 65psi. It i turn the rear a/c off the gauge settles back down to around 45psi.
Also, with both a/c's on the rear blows colder than the front. Is this normal?
Should I turn both a/c's on and remove freon until the gauge drops to normal range? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

177mph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I can answer your question - but as a rule the compressors in yukons and tahoes run all the time - regardless of if the a/c or defrost is on or not.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Take a pocket thermometer and take readings at your vents, temp should be around 55 deg at the vent

DoubleR

Reaction score
Ok I should have stop by here first. Were is the valve located to charge the AC? I know a dumb question!!!

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Ok I should have stop by here first. Were is the valve located to charge the AC? I know a dumb question!!!

your charge port is under hood on the line going to accumulator.look for black or blue cap with the letter L on it.
WARNING BESURE TO WEAR SAFETY GLASSES.

penland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how would that work

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

do I need anything to do it with?

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

but what if it doesnt work

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

I need to know what tools to use for this

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

do I need anything to do it with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100