ac trouble... broken parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced some parts on my AC system.... but broke one of the hoses... its a line that leads from the actuator (drier) into the cab... does anyone know what this line is called?

and I stripped the nut on the coolant hoses that lead from the compressor to the orifice tube so that needs to be replaced... dammit all

-----

I can take a pic in the morning of the tube leaving the actuator to the cab in the morning....

I THINK its either GM part # 52464082

or

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DOR6/800990/N1866.oap?ck=Search_N1866_1061356_-1&pt=N1866&ppt=C0328

that oreilly link has the same type of fitting that screws into the actuator... but how the hell do you actually get them connected when neither spins?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say 31 but i think thats just an O-Ring, but where the O-Ring goes is the tube I need

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you are talking the tube where it enters firewall you have a serious problem that line feeds the evaporator and that is inside the hvac housing under the dash.

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I know that... but with the purchase of a new evaporator does it come with this line?

I took the glove box out and started counting screws, bolts etc to do the work... looks like a weekend project for sure... sun-up til i pass out in the hoe then repeat

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
here is a pictorial reference of the evaporator.
1-46b58bdc70da0.jpg

btw what do you mean by actuator exactly?

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JenneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actuator/accumulator same thing right?
No. :D But we know what yer talkin about.

and the evaporator would be this part here right?
The evaporator IS that part in your link but also the part pictured in your post that Sunlit Comet posted.

if it is, that piece that connects to the accumulator, does that spin?
Yes, see that captured brass nut? That's was connects the evaporator to the accumulator. It pokes right though the firewall.

It sounds as if you broke the evaporator. Damn. Sorry.

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. :D But we know what yer talkin about.

The evaporator IS that part in your link but also the part pictured in your post that Sunlit Comet posted.

Yes, see that captured brass nut? That's was connects the evaporator to the accumulator. It pokes right though the firewall.

It sounds as if you broke the evaporator. Damn. Sorry.

ya, I guess the brass nut seized up... shoulda took a torch to it... but at least the hoe can run while I wait to repair the rest, we are getting a cool down here for a bit....

and just to be clear, I see two different evaporators, the one in the cab is the rear correct? and I am hoping I do not need the front one and just the nut on the regular hose got stripped

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
and if you mean the clyinder object against the firewall when you say actuator/ accumulator the better name is receiver/dryer or accumulator/dryer.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

the front and rear evaps are both in their own case and in the cab area. just different areas of the cab obviously.