Aftermarket radio RAP function not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mizz0313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Purchased pioneer H/U and PAC RP5-GM31 for my 2007 GMC Yukon xl and everything works besides the radio turning off when i open door. My factory radio still operates that way but I have tried two PAC harnesses with no solution. I do not want to run any extra wires to get it to turn off with key i would like it to work like factory and this harness should be plug and play and work the factory way. Ive installed many radios and cant understand why this is being difficult. Can anyone point me in the direction to get this solved? spent alot of money on these items and PAC suggested bad harness box so I went to best buy and had them test another with no success, best buy pulled up notes on there software that mentioned needing to tap into fuse box under dash in the RAP connections but it is very limited details and i cant find anyone anywhere online saying they had to do this after aftermarket install. Told PAC what bestbuy found but they had no idea about it and stated that could be correct (i believe none of these guys know what they are talking about) Any help is very appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts