Alternator Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicety

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 2003 Yukon and I have a problem with the alternator bracket. The part of the bracket broke off with the bolt. Does the power steering pump have to come off in order to change that whole bracket? What the heck is it made of? It looks like it was over torqued last time the alternator was changed. The crack looks old as dirt. Anyway There probably is no way around changing the whole blasted thing I guess? Thanks for all the help!! Love this forum!!!!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a welder or know someone who does? Otherwise a wrecking yard will have one cheap.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, PS pump has to be removed, as bracket bolts to both PS pump and alternator.

Rent to PS pump pulley puller at the local parts store. The bracket is aluminum.

You can source another good bracket at the wrecking yard. Should have a good inventory as pretty much any LS-based family of engines is the same part: 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 truck or SUV, doesn't matter.

Last edited: