Any vids of headers and resonator delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wardvette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed the SLP resonator delete and love it but would like a little bit more / better sound and more power. All videos on Youtube seem to be just the resonator delete or setups with headers and aftermarket mufflers. Does anyone have a video of a 5.3 with just headers (looking at catless LPPs) and resonator delete with stock muffler in place?

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Here is mine with just the resonator delete and K&N CAI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krg4GtBIw0w

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the SLP resonator delete and love it but would like a little bit more / better sound and more power. All videos on Youtube seem to be just the resonator delete or setups with headers and aftermarket mufflers. Does anyone have a video of a 5.3 with just headers (looking at catless LPPs) and resonator delete with stock muffler in place?

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Here is mine with just the resonator delete and K&N CAI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krg4GtBIw0w

I have a Borla Pro XS muffler, SLP, and installing LPPʻs next weekend!!! Iʻll post vids when install is done!!!

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pacesetter LTs, no cats, 14" magnaflow ci/co muffler and kept the stock resonator, no drone and sounds great. On my previous truck, 08 Silverado, I was running pacesetter LTs, no cats, 18" dynomax bullet and it was pretty raspy at certain RPMs, added a 4" resonator I had laying around off my old mega cab diesel, killed the rasp and sounded great.

Stock muffler should kill most of the rasp though but there are a few videos of guys with 6.2 with headers and stock catbacks(on silverados).

87stocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the 15289 magnaflow, which for all its worth is barely louder than the stock muffler. Its a little deeper tone that's it. And now the resonator delete. I think its nearly perfect for a DD Tahoe. Mine is a 5.3. This combined with a Airraid MIT and a drop in filter has a great combination of noise. I was still hoping for a little more grunt out back, but all in all I think it will do. If I was to do it again I would choose the next shortest magnaflow muffler. Mine is only acuseal clamped in with extensions welded to the factory piping so replacement may happen in the future to try something else. I have a vid but I hate uploading it. PM me we can exchange emails or phone numbers and Ill send you a cold start and rev vid before and after the res delete but with the 15289 in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian