Anyone know what frame you the Yukon xl is on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m buying a lift from a buddy with a Chevy Silverado 1500 someone said it can fit because there on the same frame can anyone confirm this before we try it lol.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be easy to tell if i knew the brand and lift amount. however to hinder you rushing into it this is generally not the case. are the frames similar yes generally similar enough to have interchangeable parts no. certain things will be the same others will not. sometimes you can get away with it sometimes you need to tweek or modify something. if its a small basic kit fitment is more likely but still not guaranteed. atleast a brand and pictures to get a good guess on what particular kit it is will lead better answers

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Just go to the lift maker’s website and see what part number fits his truck and what part number fits yours. Any quality vendor will have the installation instructions posted as well and it will detail every individual part in each kit.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the rear suspension completely different between the trucks (leaf springs) and SUVs (coil springs)?
im not sure myself on his particular truck vs suv but this is definitely a possibility. if i knew the lift height and brand id be able to tell if atleast the front half would fit. then he could just buy a master rear kit from skyjacker or something and only need to pay for half of a kit. rear half generally being the cheaper half.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m buying a lift from a buddy with a Chevy Silverado 1500 someone said it can fit because there on the same frame can anyone confirm this before we try it lol.

The front of the frames are near identical but the rears are definitely different, coils versus leaf springs.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front suspension will fit as long as same generation or newer truck nbs and obs had torsion bars. Nnbs and newer have have coils. Rear shocks will fit but will need to get spacers or lift springs for the rear springs.

I have a rough country 3.5 knuckle lift for trucks in front of my burb. Lifted it 5 inches. I also used skyjacker c50r springs in rear with rough country 6 inch lift rear shocks

What year is your yukon? what year truck? What brand and height lift? Do you have autoride or awd?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kixx992

Latest posts