Anyone running 5160s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting all my parts together to lift my 04 Escalade AWD. Going to be going with keys up front and 2.5 spacers in the rear. I will be getting rid of the air ride in the rear and replacing it with a set of bilsteins. I have noticed everyone recommends the 5100s but has anyone tried the 5160s? The extra resivour would look pretty trick. Also I have found that people are recommending a part number for dodge ram shocks, why is that? Can I just use the shocks for a Silverado with a 2" lift?

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure about the 5160's but most likely because the dodge ram shock is interchangeable with our tahoe/yukons, just like our extended rear swaybar endlinks are from jeeps.

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keys and a 2.5 spacer? You shouldn't go more than 3 inches in the front with keys and a 2.5 spacer will have your ass end up in the air a bit I would think. But I guess if you're going after a lift instead of just leveling then to each their own. I went with 3 inches with keys and a 1.5 spacer and it's like stock just higher, maybe a more level than stock. You can't use truck shocks in the back because they had leaf springs and the shocks were angled and so on. Lengths are probably way off along with mounting. I went to a few different sites like autoanything and bilstein's site to get part numbers and ordered from amazon. The 5160's are twice as expensive and are overkill IMO. I could see it if you were building a dune runner or lived on a washboarded and pothole filled gravel road.

Last edited: