Anyone use PXAMG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a PAC PXAMG installed behind their radio? I just bought one of these and added HD Radio, iPod, and Bluetooth kits with the order, so I'm anxious to get them in.

I'm thinking that I'll put the microphone on the other side of the overhead console, where it looks like a 2nd microphone is but there actually is nothing. It'll be a clean install.

If you do have this, tell me about your install and how you like it. I read a review thread here for it someone wrote but it was for the wrong generation, still a good thread though.

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I had one connected to my factory HU before I got my Pioneer. I think it was the old generation though because it did not have Bluetooth options. I liked it though, sold it on here a while back. It was pretty easy to navigate through my iPod with it and the sound quality was great!

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I love mine! The Bluetooth works almost like factory - As long as bluetooth is turned on on my phone then no matter what mode my radio is in it'll route the call through that, and hanging up/dialing is very easy.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read a review thread here for it someone wrote but it was for the wrong generation, still a good thread though.

Yeah, the BT wasn't available for the NBS trucks yet which is why i hadn't seen it. Shame as it would be cool to have my iPod nano and iPhone connected concurrently instead of swapping back and forth. I need that aux jack for the overhead though.

Last edited:

watches01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which bluetooth kit did you get? I think I'm going to try the pxamg for my ipod touch, and I'd like to find a bt kit for my Motorola razr if possible. It's for a 2008 LTZ.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you want to add Bluetooth to the PXAMG, you need to get the part called ISBT21. It will enable Bluetooth. Be sure to get the PGHGM1 harness when you order the PXAMG so you can connect it to your radio.

TX LTZHoe 07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it work if you use your iPhone for music and phone calls? Any issues? Do you even need the Bluetooth then?

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's pretty simple; to go through your modes, you hit the FM tab (or any tab besides XM), and then hit XM. Then you scroll through which mode you want using the Tune knob. Say you want to go to Bluetooth mode, you scroll to BT and then hit the right arrow on the nav screen.

You only need to go to the Bluetooth mode page if you want to stream music wirelessly. The Bluetooth device is always on no matter what mode you're in, and will automatically switch to that mode if you get a call on your phone. It works just like stock, I love it.

But, you can't talk on the phone using just the iPod hookup. If you want handsfree talking, you will need the Bluetooth device.

As for iPod, same as above, you just use the Tune knob to select iPod mode and then it controls your iPod/iPhone using the steering wheel buttons and stuff.

watches01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered the PXAMG, but I'm looking more for a bluetooth like the bluestar2010 from costartech. I'd like it to be like a factory set up. I am reading that there are some problems with it though. Anyone here have it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsif05

Latest posts