Auto level rod lengthen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Customsound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I saw a thread where someone lengthened the rod for the rear air ride after lifting . Does anyone know how to do this ? I raised the rear 1.5 and the air ride still works but doesn't pump up as much since the monitor shows it sitting higher . Thanks in advance

Badram06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If i remember right the guy had just gotten a piece of all thread the same size. Put the sensor at 90 deg like it should be and cut it to length.

riggz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am not finding any info on how to do this. I see a lot of talk about lengthening the links with all thread but not HOW to do it. I removed the links but the end caps do not appear to come off. I was able to twist them around the link but only with a couple pliers.

Anyone have any pics or instructions on this?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You can get all thread rod the same size as stock rod OR call full throttle and get their rod spacers. The ball end caps thread off but not very easy.

Last edited:

riggz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some all thread but it didn't seem like the ball caps were threaded. I started spinning one end and it just kept spinning.

fireburban

Reaction score
So at what angle do the leveling arms sit? 90 deg of the valve itself? Or from the ground up? The rear valves, as some of you know, sit angled on the rear hump of the frame. I didn't look to see at what angle the valves were at before I installed the leveling kit. Any pics of the proper angle would be awesome. I have the spacers installed just looking to set them acordingly. Thanks

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The arms of the level sensors sit about 10 degrees above the 90 position. Almost matching the frame angle but just a little under being parallel to the frame. Will try to get pics later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdalupan