Autoride compressor diagnostics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have what should be a failed auto ride system. The bladders have holes. And I, as the new owner, have never heard the compressor cycle. A few questions. Why is this not showing up as a fault code? I’ve put the VDiagtool on it a couple of times now it it’s showing no faults there. It shows a few faults, but nothing related to suspension. That’s my primary question. Why does the same system that can tell me my lumbar support in my seat has failed, can’t see that a major suspension component has or may have failed? How do I diagnose the compressor? I want to get this system back up to spec but I don’t want to buy anything I don’t have to. Because I’m cheap.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To diagnose you’ll need a bidirectional scanner. The compressor should come on when the key is cycled for about 5 seconds. You can check the connector to the pump for power. The shocks may be flat bc there’s a leak in the air line. It wasn’t fixed so the compressor burned out. If you see visible holes in the shocks it’s time for new ones. There are lots of options outside of dealer prices. We’re all somewhat cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfresh5421