Basic programer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tireman86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I somewhat recently purchased a 2011 suburban z71, I will mainly use it for trips/ towing a boat. I put in a ccm kit and 33's as I run a tire shop so it has to look good and the members of this site seemed to recommend that kit. Now I want to add a basic programmer to firm up shifts and give it just a little kick. I want simple, and the option to go stock whenever I want with no fuss. Members seem to push BB and Diablo sport but honestly that's too much messing around. I like the idea of a couple tunes with the push of a button, but I am afraid I will cave to the temptation of the intune and play with parameters and screw something up. My hot rod days are over I just want simple. I have come across the edge cs2 and I like the idea of a couple "levels" and also the small display to watch things that should have a guage. I know ppl with edge on diesel trucks and they seem to like it. What are your thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited:

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay how many miles are on it and how exaclty do you want it to shift ? becuase ive gone through several different upgrades after i had to have my tranny rebuilt
like with a vette servo i noticed a teeny difference in how quick it shifted from 1-2
i said no way thats week not enough i want harder and quicker so the kit he put in after that almost feels like its going to snap the axle every time it shifts it doesnt have the power yet to break loose 275 55r20s yet but when its wet out it breaks them loose
and from my experience yer basic little programmer like yer electronic shift improvers dont really do much on the newer trannys like in yer 2011

OP
OP
T

Tireman86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't expect or want neck snapping shifts, just seems to be slow and sloppy in factory form. I have driven new gm's that are the same. Expecially on downshifts. 100k is its mileage

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't expect or want neck snapping shifts, just seems to be slow and sloppy in factory form. I have driven new gm's that are the same. Expecially on downshifts. 100k is its mileage

If you want something basic, I've got a HyperTech handheld programmer that I used before getting my Black Bear in-person tune from Justin. It works pretty good. It has options for performance tunes on regular and high octane fuels, as well as the ability to firm your shifts up, change shift points, properly adjust for different size tires, adjust top speed limiter, etc. Also on your '11 truck, you can use it turn off the Active Fuel Management if you wish. If you're interested, just send me a PM. I don't want much for it and it's VERY easy to use.

@Tireman86

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus