bose amp question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so heres an update. as yall know now i am trying to install a navigation in my tahoe without bose. I recently bought the system, a bose amp, and the wiring harness for the navigation, as well as the gps antenna and disc. what else do i need for this install and where is teh stock bose amp supposed to be mounted. I need any more info help that i can get. thank you

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Did you ever get that center console you wanted?
The Bose amp is supposed to be mounted in it, so if you don't have a center console then you will need one.
I would have presonally recommended using an aftermarket amp and speakers to wire the Nav in there instead, it would have made life easier for you and you may not need a center console then.
Apart from that I think you have everything, you may need new speakers as the te stock ones can't handle Bose poer unless the car came with it.

OP
OP
L

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i can return the bose amp if necessary. the problem with an aftermarket amp is that i didnt want to mess with the chime volumes and i have all aftermarket speakers so if i get that center console i should be set to start the install? what harnesses do i need for the bose amp? thanks so much for putting up with these frequent questions.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
No problem.....I say you buy an PAC OS3 adapter or the PAC OS4 adapter to make wiring the Navigational system a breeze. (remember youw ant the one meant for Boxe quipped cars)
Then plug the harness to the new navy,splice wires here and there to feed the amp a signal (Suggest aftermarket) then connect to the amp speker out put and your install will be done. The reason I said aftermarket is you could put the amp under your passenger side front seat (instead of in the center console like the Bose on should be) so you could skip the center console idea.
Ebay is the cheapest place to get the PAC adapters.....

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
If you got that amp which used in the Escalade, the one you mentioned in your other post, like I said before, it's a completely different amp. The shape is different, the connectors are different, the outputs are different, the EQ that's loaded at startup is different. You can't begin to imagine how well I know the Tahoe and Escalade amps. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo