bose amp to Premium Amp Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbumpus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to change Base Bose on my 09 Tahoe to the "Premium" Bose
I want to stay factory so i would need help to get what i need for this.

Amp
Wireharness?
speakers?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Dont exactly know what you mean.
They're is nly one Bose system available on the Tahoes, its the Bose system which is considered the premium system as the factory regular one sucks.
That being said you can go from Base Bose to Premium Bose. Do you have Bose at all, look at the speaker on the interior A-pillar peice right in front of the driver or passenger, right above the dash.
Does it read Bose, id so you already have Bose, so your only choice is aftermarket. If not then we can go from there.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
This was possible in the 2003-2006 models. When you could change the Tahoe amp to the Denali/Escalade amp. I did that in my sisters Tahoe. I don't know if anyone has done that in the 2007+'s.

Does the Tahoe have a speaker on the dash, right in the middle? Like a center channel speaker? I know the Escalade/Denali does. If you don't have this speaker, you could change the dash to get one from a Denali, then get the Denali amp. I wouldn't bother with it though. The 2007+ Denali has a terrible sound system I think. My 2004 Denali has a great one. It sounds a lot better than the new ones.

Just upgrade your speakers and add a sub. No need in spending lots of money to get something that isn't that great.

OP
OP
R

rbumpus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have the base bose. i was told by the dealer i need the enhanced sound option i was under the impression there is a base bose system and a premium bose found in the Sun and Sound systems

i have a LT2

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I guess what i am trying to do is add a LUX amp to replace the Non-Lux amp
i am guessing from reading the numerous items in the forums

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um.......I'm actually debating pulling everything out of my 07 loaded LT3 2500 sub and going aftermarket top to bottom.

has the dvd nav overhead stuff with bose sub in teh console etc. (besides the latest lockpick, an Ipod Iconnect, bluetooth that integrates thru the speakers etc.)

not sure what the stock stuff goes for but this would definetely make me go thru with what I've been debating in my head if I had someone interested in all of the stock stuff in the truck. I think all I'd want to keep is the rear seat screen and my backup camera, rest would get pulled.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I am interested in your stock navigation system if it helps, as long as I get the right price?

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in your stock navigation system if it helps, as long as I get the right price?

if I yank it, i kinda wanna yank everything, this integration of half stock half aftermarket seems like most of the headaches...I'd be doing aftermarket from the head unit to the speakers...

OP
OP
R

rbumpus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK Back to the point.

From what i found out from GMParts Direct My has an amp with part number

I test drove an 2009 Tahoe LTZ which the stereo sounded MUCH Better and had the UQ3 option. I gave that vin to GMPartsdirect thy came back to me with a partnumber of 15186661 for the amp and the wire harness 25781989

Can anyone verify if this will work with the head unit part number 15940103 / 25857365

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
OK Back to the point.

From what i found out from GMParts Direct My has an amp with part number

I test drove an 2009 Tahoe LTZ which the stereo sounded MUCH Better and had the UQ3 option. I gave that vin to GMPartsdirect thy came back to me with a partnumber of 15186661 for the amp and the wire harness 25781989

Can anyone verify if this will work with the head unit part number 15940103 / 25857365

I can promise you, it's not that much better. The Tahoe you drove is wired differently. In the uplevel sound system, the speakers are wired individually I believe, and in the standard bose the rears are just spliced. I know that may not be correctly how to say it, but it's essentially how it is. There are different harness numbers for a reason. It won't work unless you change the entire car harness. Totally not worth it. Just get some aftermarket speakers.

I am all for OEM equipment, but this is one I don't recommend. It was a different story in 03-06. That AMP upgrade made a difference. You'd also have to change your dash and add a speaker too.

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
There are 3 amps used in the GMT900 SUV platform. The one in the Yukon and Escalade is a completely different animal than the one used in the Tahoe. The 3 are not interchangeable in any way, shape or form. The Yukon and Escalade amps look the same, but that's where it ends. BTW, Active Noise Cancelling will appear shortly on the Yukes, and Eskys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo