Brake Light Switch..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sp1nn3y

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while i have to reach under the dash in some SERIOUSLY awkward position and touch a plastic piece[brake light switch - $13 part] to be able to pull it out of park, I get why it's doing it but how hard is it to change that part?

AppleJuz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every once in a while i have to reach under the dash in some SERIOUSLY awkward position and touch a plastic piece brake light switch - $13 part] to be able to pull it out of park, I get why it's doing it but how hard is it to change that part?

might wanna be extra careful with this one. it is quite tricky dealing with this devil. I had my friend do it since I'm sooo afraid to do it on my own machine.

:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

Last edited:

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it quits working altogether, you can easily bypass the switch until you can replace it. When you start the truck, turn it to "ON" (the first detent, where the indicator lights but the truck is not "on." Put it in neutral. Turn the truck on and start as normal.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this switch go bad twice....a real PITA until I learned how to bypass it.

Last edited: