Brake pad recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I am getting ready to do a brake job on my 07 LTZ. Wondering what pads people are using. I am looking for a low dust, low noise pad that will hold up for a decent amount of towing. I was thinking Hawk or SSBC but I cannot seem to find any part numbers for new gen. Tahoe's and Yuk's. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks.

Also, I was debating getting a set of Powerslot rotors, however I really dont want to spend the extra $600 on them. So I am just going to have my rotors turned because they are warped pretty bad. Mt question is, is it worth spending the extra cash on a high end pad when I will be running OEM rotors?

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Posi Quiet pads. I had them on my TBSS and they were great. I have about 2000 on the Tahoe with new front rotors and Posi Quiet pads on all for corners with no problems. My wheels are brake dust free now.

OP
OP
Conor

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I am running Posi Quiet pads. I had them on my TBSS and they were great. I have about 2000 on the Tahoe with new front rotors and Posi Quiet pads on all for corners with no problems. My wheels are brake dust free now.

Who makes those pads and where did you get them. I will have to look into them.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Does anyone else have any experience with Posi Quiet pads? They have them on eBay right now for fairly cheap.

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At work we use Akebono. I put them an my 2000 Tahoe limited and instantly notice a firmer pedal. I also put them on my 2007 Tahoe. They have virtually no brake dust. We get them from Olympic (parts store) however if you do not have one of them you can get them from Tire Rack ( www.tirerack.com) among other places if you google it. We have only had positive results and no one has ever come back complaining of a squeak. The only thing you will get out of power slot rotors that you will notice is a lighter wallet and your pads will wear out faster. If there is enough to turn I recommend having them turned on the truck if you can find a shop that has a on the car brake lath near you . If not just buy some replacements from the local parts store.

LVyukyuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At work we use Akebono. I put them an my 2000 Tahoe limited and instantly notice a firmer pedal. I also put them on my 2007 Tahoe. They have virtually no brake dust. We get them from Olympic (parts store) however if you do not have one of them you can get them from Tire Rack ( www.tirerack.com) among other places if you google it. We have only had positive results and no one has ever come back complaining of a squeak. The only thing you will get out of power slot rotors that you will notice is a lighter wallet and your pads will wear out faster. If there is enough to turn I recommend having them turned on the truck if you can find a shop that has a on the car brake lath near you . If not just buy some replacements from the local parts store.

Good Stuff right here!! Make sure the shop specs the rotors before turning to ensure there is enough meat left. Nothing worse than turning the rotors only to find they drop under spec. Then you are paying for labor twice and new rotors.

OP
OP
Conor

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
the truck only has 43K on them, so I am sure there is enough material left to turn them. I will have to look into the Akebono pads. Thanks

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
Wagner Thermo-Quiet. I really can't complain about the OEM pads either. Can't say the same about the rotors though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320