Bulging "A" pillar (plastic tending to buckel)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IanSLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has any body had a fight with the passenger side A pillar, I installed an after market tweater and upon reinstalling it I noticed that the plastic cover seems as though it is resistng to sit tight against the metal post. I tryied some velcro but with the summer heat the glue is not setting up correctly.
Cheers Ian

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you make sure the new tweeter's depth isn't interfering and pushing the trim out? What about the metal clips that hold it in place? Are they still intact?

OP
OP
I

IanSLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
JK,
The metal post clip is worn as to be expected (removed several times) but it still seems to hold, it seems as though there is a rubber hose line on the passenger side and along with some electrical leads that tend to make it a busy area. The tweater depth is slightly deeper but that's not the area where the problem is occuring it's about 2" up from the tweater, now that it's a little cooler outside I may trying a little contact cement to attach the velcro to the plastic pillar cover. The last resort would be to drill a hole through the cover and use a self tapping srew to secure it to the metal post and then attach a snap cover over the exposed screw head and then duplicate it on the drivers side just to make it look factory.

Cheers Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap