Buzzing Noise Under Rear of Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Having a strange buzzing noise under the rear of the vehicle during idling. Not much back there that I can think of would be the buzzing except maybe the fuel pump or sending unit? The needle on the gas gauge has been vibrating abnormally as well which makes me think sending unit. Thoughts?
Thanks
Tyler

Rossbar

Reaction score
Fuel pump... I had mine replaced last week, it was buzzing pretty loud, no noise now.. I have 183k miles and it was the original pump, very unusual for these trucks. I also had the fuel filter replaced at the same time, I still have the needle vibration..

Rossbar

Reaction score
:lol: I agree.. My experence has been that it gets louder, then nothing, then dead.. I went through 3 pumps before 150k on my last 98..

Rossbar

Reaction score
I don't notice any noise from the new pump.. I swapped out the old one just to be safe, I've been stranded a few times in the past when it just dies..

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
best advice on longivity, is dont go below 1/4 tank of gas...for too long anyway.
The fule keeps the pump cooler, making it last longer.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mmmmmmmmmm lol. i remember that sound from both of my obs trucks. i kinda miss hearing the fuel pump 20 feet away from my truck haha

blueflamed03 hit it on the head dont run your tank down cause you will over heat the pump

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Speaking of fuel pumps and gas, since winter season is approaching, be sure to keep the gas tanks filled majority of the time. Water is no goood

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968