Bypass parking brake wire on Pioneer AVH head unit the easy way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

czargee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-521EX double-din stereo in my 2004 GMC Yukon and found an alternative way to bypass the parking brake wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems like more work than necessary. On my Kenwood I just grounded the parking brake wire to the back of the unit. I believe that works for Pioneer units as well.

OP
OP
czargee

czargee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This seems like more work than necessary. On my Kenwood I just grounded the parking brake wire to the back of the unit. I believe that works for Pioneer units as well.
For my Pioneer, if you simply ground the unit, you won’t be able to play the video. There would be no way to do or mimic the function of “disengaging and engaging the parking brake.” Unless I’m missing something.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
For my Pioneer, if you simply ground the unit, you won’t be able to play the video. There would be no way to do or mimic the function of “disengaging and engaging the parking brake.” Unless I’m missing something.

I just wired in an on/off switch in the parking brake wire for my Pioneer.ygSuypSz-1148842505.jpg

Last edited:

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

From what I read (and did to my Kenwood)... grounding the parking brake wire to the back of the unit causes the unit believe the parking brake is always engaged. It allows the video to work on mine. Maybe the Pioneer has some sort of protection against this? I don't know.

Actually now that I think about it... I did this same thing to my father in law's Pioneer last year and it worked as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRAD70

Latest posts