Can the steering wheel buttons be removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i have two lights out on my steering wheel buttons and I tried pulling the buttons off with needle nose pliers with no luck.

Is there a way to get these buttons off? I would like to replace all the lights with red LED's

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
yes they can be removed. There is an ebay seller that has a complete set of buttons...sorry at work...can't access, but he has instructions as to how to remove too!

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
the bottons are ok... unless the light and buttons are somehow an integrated assemly... I just want to get the botton off so i can access the light behind it and hopefully solder in some red LED's

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The top 2 buttons left and right can be taken out and CAREFULLY put back together without taking the steering wheel apart. The wires are JUST long enough. The bottom buttons, can't be removed without opening up the steering wheel.

Here's some pictures of the switch being taken apart. Sorry, but they are with my iphone.

Here's the switch out...

Switchbottom.jpg
Switch1.jpg

Carefully open the back...
Open1.jpg

Lift the white plastic piece and the back of the switch

Open2.jpg

If the red tabs fall out, FIND THEM and you'll see on the backside of the actual black switch where to put them back.

Allopen.jpg

On the lights themselves, pull off the blue cover and it looks like this...

lights.jpg

You will then have to "un"solder the bulb and solder the new one back in. I haven't looked for a new bulb yet, not sure where to look, but they are SMALL.

Here's a pic of the bulb compared to a 194 bulb

bulbcompare.jpg

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
holy ******* shit!! that is rediculously small!!!!!! why does everything ahve to be so GD hard?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap