Captain seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
No pictures, as I was too excited to run home and get my camera, but I have to say this is a very easy swap, and I was able to do it thanks to BC Lightning here. I'll be sending him my bench seats very soon. :D

Basically, you fold the seats up using the power-fold button or manual lever, lift up the trim panel that surrounds the seat, and the bolts are right there. Once you remove them all (I think there were 8), you lift the seats straight up and out and then set them aside.

But, I would recommend taking them out through the 3rd row and out the liftgate, because the doors don't give enough room.

After you remove your seats, the new ones fit right in place and you just bolt them down right where the old ones did, plug up the harness, and put the trim panels back on!

So, I really HAVE to thank BC Lightning for doing this swap and being really easy to deal with, so if you'd compare this to eBay then he definitely has my positive feedback!

BC, I will PM you with the tracking numbers once my dad loads the seats up and sends them, which should be tomorrow or sometime this week. Thanks again!

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats awesome, congrats on the new seating arrangement :)

so you have the autofold second row? i have the captain chairs in the back as well but no autofold, i wonder how hard that would be to do?

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No prob, glad they got there :Handshake:

You're helping me out with the bench seats, so I'm glad to help you out with the captains

I loved the captains, but since I have no third row seats because of the sub box, makes more sense to me to have that third seat from the bench

I was really surprised at how easy it was to take them out

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats awesome, congrats on the new seating arrangement :)

so you have the autofold second row? i have the captain chairs in the back as well but no autofold, i wonder how hard that would be to do?

No auto-fold, but that's perfectly fine with me, the dealership was doing that exact swap for someone over the summer and it was taking them weeks and thousands of $$$ to do it, and they said it's hard to install if you didn't have it.

BC Lightning said:
o prob, glad they got there :Handshake:

You're helping me out with the bench seats, so I'm glad to help you out with the captains

I loved the captains, but since I have no third row seats because of the sub box, makes more sense to me to have that third seat from the bench

I was really surprised at how easy it was to take them out

Me too, they got here fast and were so easy to install! I didn't even need my father, my little brother and I did the swap perfectly.

I'm sending you everything you sent me - the seats and trim piece (for the bench it is one big piece), but also there's 2 smaller bolts that you install where the 60-seat and 40-seat brackets overlap. Those will be included.

My dad is going to Lowes and other places tomorrow to look for boxes that will fit. Or were you able to get the right size at UPS?

BTW I'll need you to PM me with your address, I think my dad threw away the boxes you shipped the seats in.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was bored while waiting on my girlfriend at a restaurant so I took a picture. :D

IMG_4068.jpg

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too, they got here fast and were so easy to install! I didn't even need my father, my little brother and I did the swap perfectly.

I'm sending you everything you sent me - the seats and trim piece (for the bench it is one big piece), but also there's 2 smaller bolts that you install where the 60-seat and 40-seat brackets overlap. Those will be included.

My dad is going to Lowes and other places tomorrow to look for boxes that will fit. Or were you able to get the right size at UPS?

BTW I'll need you to PM me with your address, I think my dad threw away the boxes you shipped the seats in.

I always ship UPS ground, they are pretty good about getting stuff out pretty quick.

I took three boxes and taped them together, not the best way, but it worked

I'll PM my address

Michael

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

I was bored while waiting on my girlfriend at a restaurant so I took a picture. :D

IMG_4068.jpg

Looks good!! :Handshake:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen

B :)

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the bench seats yesterday and installed them, I'm getting my Tahoe dynamated then detailed while I'm out of town, will post pics of them when I get back

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome.... I have the 2nd row captains but would LOVE to have a bench.... Anyone out there with the light gray leather second row bench that would like to trade for captains?

Maybe I should start a new thread.... :shrug:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look pertty comfy back there! If I ever have the spare cash I might have to do this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968