Center console switch to operate rear wiper/ washer not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NW94Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm moving this from the interior section to here in hopes it gets more visibility and maybe an answer or two.

I just purchased a 2007 2WD Tahoe LT for my parents and before handing it off to them I would like to give the whole thing a complete overhaul. One issue it has is the rear wiper is not working. Before checking the motor I noticed the switch on the console does not appear to be working. When I press it the light does not come on. The other three on the console next to it do so I'm not sure it's a fuse. Anyone seen a switch die? Is there a separate fuse for each switch? Anyone know how to pull that part of the console off to expose the switches? I've searched for info on the rear wiper arm but all the results point to how to replace the arm or motor. Nothing relates to the switch. Thanks for any help.

**Update**

I've now taken the console switch apart for the rear wiper and still no progress. I can confirm the motor works with the switch on the stalk. Start and stops the wiper motor but I still cannot get the console switch to run the pump and kick in the washer fluid or make the wiper wipe. The switch seems completely dead. I've opened it up and the circuit board looks good. No cracks and the solder joints all look fine as well as the traces. Connector looks fine as well. Wires look good without any damage. Any ideas? I can't find a reference to a relay tied to this switch either. Am I missing something?

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the defrost switch just above the A/C controls. If I'm not mistaken that switch shouldn't operate the wiper, just the heating element in the rear window

OP
OP
N

NW94Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you referring to the defrost switch just above the A/C controls. If I'm not mistaken that switch shouldn't operate the wiper, just the heating element in the rear window

No the switch below the HVAC controls. I have a panel at the bottom of the console with four switches. A pedal adjustment switch, Traction control switch, parking assist switch and the 4th one is the rear wiper/ washer switch.

jpbplb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That switch you're referring to on the center console, below the HVAC controls, is (was) the heated wiper fluid switch. These were recalled and disabled by the dealer and are inoperable.

OP
OP
N

NW94Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That switch you're referring to on the center console, below the HVAC controls, is (was) the heated wiper fluid switch. These were recalled and disabled by the dealer and are inoperable.

I did not know that but I did finally notice the button on the end of the turn signal stalk that is used for cleaning the rear window. Guess what. I pressed it and it works. Rear wiper wipes and the pump functions dispensing fluid onto the rear glass.

Why was the recall issued? Was the heater causing fires?

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not know that but I did finally notice the button on the end of the turn signal stalk that is used for cleaning the rear window. Guess what. I pressed it and it works. Rear wiper wipes and the pump functions dispensing fluid onto the rear glass.

Why was the recall issued? Was the heater causing fires?

Out of curiosity, could you post a picture of your center console and that button you were referring to?

Leonidas

What's Good TYF!!!!
Reaction score
Thank God I stumbled across this....can someone give me the name and part number to this for a 2007 denali? It's driving me crazy. My wife broke off one of my aux power covers on this panel and I want to get a replacement.

Bad324

Reaction score
That's interesting. Never seen one of these panels before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO