Cold air intake on 2007 denali, what's it like without it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosko

Reaction score
I just got my 2007 and the previous owner had installed a full K&N CAI, which contains the cover, full tube with K&N to the engine.

When I was testing driving it I could tell it seemed a bit louder than I expected, and seemed to run really well. I don't really have a reference point though.

Anyone here with Escalade/Denali that has added the CAI mod, did it make a difference over stock or did it just add noise?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's mostly just noise. It does give you a little bump in power, but the real power/feeling will be when/if you get a tune.

Most people will do intake and then exhaust or muffler (which is really just for sound) and then a tune and will tell you the biggest difference is he actual tune.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
It's mostly just noise. It does give you a little bump in power, but the real power/feeling will be when/if you get a tune.

Most people will do intake and then exhaust or muffler (which is really just for sound) and then a tune and will tell you the biggest difference is he actual tune.

completely agree...and when that gets old...u throw in a blower!:drool:

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
I'll have to look at the tune and what it entails. Thanks :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968