Dash Clock Resetting and Difficulty Starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scraps66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Yukon SLE. Have had some weird things going on lately. Just had the battery load tested and it tests good and strong.

A couple times in the last month I've gotten in and turned the key and nothing, no dash lights, no interior lights go on, nothing. Eventually fiddling around, I can get everything to come on and start. It's sporadic. Someitmes I get in in the morning and the clock has been reset, like it lost battery power, but everything else works fine and it starts.

I'm not sure if related, two weeks ago I jumped a totally dead battery. My thinking was maybe this had uncovered a defective battery, but guess not now with the test OK.

I haven't started poking around yet, looking for loose or bare wires, or a loose ground. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue to save some troubleshooting time.

Thanks in advance.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Could be a bad battery. Try Leaving key on with headlights running for like 5 minutes. This will remove any surface charge. Try starting it. If it fails to start it could be a bad battery/bad cell.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scraps66,

It can be difficult to say for sure. It could be a connection issue, could be a parasitic drain. Have you had the vehicle inspected for this issue?

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
S

Scraps66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All true.......it was a loose "+" terminal which was waaaay too easy. Found it while installin an Airaid Jr. when I disconnected the negative terminal. everything works fine - though Ihave heard more than a few bad battery stories. And the jumping a dead battery did make sense in uncovering a weak battery. but this was just the terminal.

Misfitlimp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Yukon SLE. Have had some weird things going on lately. Just had the battery load tested and it tests good and strong.

A couple times in the last month I've gotten in and turned the key and nothing, no dash lights, no interior lights go on, nothing. Eventually fiddling around, I can get everything to come on and start. It's sporadic. Someitmes I get in in the morning and the clock has been reset, like it lost battery power, but everything else works fine and it starts.

I'm not sure if related, two weeks ago I jumped a totally dead battery. My thinking was maybe this had uncovered a defective battery, but guess not now with the test OK.

I haven't started poking around yet, looking for loose or bare wires, or a loose ground. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue to save some troubleshooting time.

Thanks in advance.

I have an 08 Yukon same thing just had the battery changed out and the same thing happened no lights no dome lights no start. I already checked the connections they are tight. Not messed up at all. New to the forum and I'm sorry I'm kind of taking over the thread. I just searched and found this thread. Hoping u guys can help me as well
Thanks.