Debadging a 04 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
Is it easy to remove the badges off the back tailgate.

As for fender flares and door moldings, would you paint match them or remove them?

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes heat gun/hair dryer, adhesive remover and wax. As for the moldings, I can't help you with that. For the badges use heat gun to preheat then use a flat tip screwdriver and place it on a corner of the badge ensuring it doesn't touch the truck and, apply lifting pressure while holding the heat gun about 6 inches away from the back of the badges and you continue to peel away the badges. Some folks have prefered to use dental floss for the removal tool but IMO it's too much of a PITA, you'll have to figure out which is easier for you.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i debadged mine yesterday. hair dryer and patience gets it off the back. the lt emblems on the side peel off easy. i washed where the bagdes were, used some clay bar, some bug/tar remover, and waxed it and you cant even tell they were ever there.

as for the moldings and fender flares pull them off. you wont regret it. it looks so much better IMO. go buy a 3m stripe off wheel from napa. you wont regret that either. i didnt even heat the molding up. i just grabbed them and peeled them off.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and that's the problem with something fine like that. One does not need to be in pain from just removing some darn letters. Thats why I used a flat tip screwdriver, just make sure it stays on the tip of the badges. There is plenty room between the back of the badge and the vehicle's body. you'd be surprised how much sticky/foamy thingy is behind the badges thus leaving you lots of room for more leverage with a screwdriver.

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
Must have been easier than mine! I did everything from the old forum and still scratched the shit out of it. Damn things...lol

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I removed my moldings and tahoe emblems with a hair dryer and goo gone. No scratches or any issues. used fishing line with the hair dryer on the tahoe and cheverolet emblems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO