Denali AWD in the mud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry guys I searched and didn't find what I needed. How does the Denali AWD do in the mud?

Impulse/Great deal ran into me today. I need the buckets seats and DVD that my SLE doesn't have for the kiddo.

I like all the added features, but am curious how it does vs a 4x4? Thanks

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question....if mudding is your main objective why not go with something geared more towards being in the mud other than a vehicle widely considered to be a luxury SUV ?

OP
OP
T

the11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My farm has roads previously used by loggers and are plenty wide for the truck. I'm not a "mudder" by any means. Just a guy that hunts and runs into some mud

Edit: this vehicles primaty function is to be the family truckster

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the plain answer is common sense..

awd means you will have 4 tires spinning. which is better than 2. but you don't have selective 2/4hi/4low. knowing how to deal with certain situations will be more effective than "how good a certain vehicle does in the mud" i mean really what kind of question is that..

OP
OP
T

the11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the plain answer is common sense..

awd means you will have 4 tires spinning. which is better than 2. but you don't have selective 2/4hi/4low. knowing how to deal with certain situations will be more effective than "how good a certain vehicle does in the mud" i mean really what kind of question is that..

Makes perfect sense. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks

Brock

Reaction score
Took mine on the beach in deep wet sand. Preformed great, but would only go about 20 mph no matter how much I applied the gas. Oh, averaged 3.2 mpg!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
More like AWD is better piece of mind when it comes to adverse weather. Better work and play for snow/mud is selectable 4wd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan