Denali Passenger Airbag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ugezasyj.jpg

When purchasing my SLT at the dealer the other day I was checking out the denali on the lot (and wishing I had the extra cash for the 6.2 and very nice interior).

I noticed the passenger airbag "cutout" issue that I had read about on a few other threads. I snapped a picture so those on the forum would know what to look for when shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same indention on my LTZ. ...pretty annoying

sixpointoh03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing in my denali it is annoying I have also found a small dent in the aluminum trim on the steering wheel and a speck in the paint on the front quarter panel. Seems like the QC on these vehicles isn't very good.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this going to be something they'll fix under warranty or if they do does the airbag there go away? Just an eye sore to a super smooth dash.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at mine last night, slightly visible but nothing like that. That is totally unacceptable and should have never made it off the line that way.
When I was reading about the real aluminum trim my first thought was "that's going to dent" I am kind of glad we got the SLT.
Also, Thanks Steve1081 for the pic, very helpful.

Also, from what you all have seen, is this more prevalent in the Black or the Cocoa, or does it matter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my SLT today and the airbag line is slightly visible too. Nothing like on the Denali. I think it is just because the Denali is real leather no the dash that makes it more visible.

GM is relatively new to these "soft touch" dash materials so it isn't surprising if they have some issues for awhile. I'm sure they will work them out in the later model 2015s.

The price paid to be impatient I guess...

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a shot of mine...
20140423_125334.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

steverkemp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you think GM will warranty the dash? The line doesn't show up in any stock pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1