Denali Steering issue's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dthomas2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When turned right or left 100% of the way, steering wheel fully turned, it makes a rubbing noise combined with a feeling as if the front tires are skipping across the pavement. This occurs when making U-Turns, or tight slow turns in general.

-After driving for a long period of time straight on the highway, getting off the freeway and making turns (into a gas station, etc.) it makes the same loud rubbing noise combined with the front tire skipping feeling. It then proceeds to go away once I straighten the wheel out.[
QUOTE]

My 2001 Denali with 128000 is doing the same thing. If I drive 30 miles or over then turn the frontend it makes that clunking and tire skipping noise. It's got to be heat related. Iv'e read and checked TSB#06-08-61-003 Body mount Insulator. Iv'e checked the torsion bars. Iv'e installed both CV axles. Iv'e changed front diff fluid. Iv'e checked the I-Shaft. I'm looking for a AWD or electrical issue I guess. I hope someone has a answer. I hope to resolve this before it does some damage. Member (NorCal Nali) had the same problem 7 months ago and I'm hoping someone has figured it out.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New steering box. I had similar issues and put on new tie rod end, then new cv axle, no luck. New steering box did the trick, my truck has 136k miles. I paid $200 ($380-$180 core), plus $45 for new pitman arm. Not a difficult install, just takes time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968