Denali with max trailering package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel Ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up a new 2021 Denali with max tow package. I see that it is capable of monitoring the trailer tire pressures but does anyone know how it works? I cannot seem to find any information on the system. Do I need special caps on the valve stems? or do the wheels need TPMS installed?

Thank you, this site has been very helpful

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a new 2021 Denali with max tow package. I see that it is capable of monitoring the trailer tire pressures but does anyone know how it works? I cannot seem to find any information on the system. Do I need special caps on the valve stems? or do the wheels need TPMS installed?

Thank you, this site has been very helpful

Look in the glove box -- pretty sure there should be some sensors for the trailor.

JR09country

Reaction score
Correct, your vehicle should have come with the sensors and you would need to get them installed on your trailer. If not you can buy them from the dealer or online.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the link!

I'd probably shop around and check for used too. Looks like it is the same for 2019-2021. $75 per sensor is kinda high and I am not paying that for my small trailer when the trailer was only $500.

$114 for 2 sensors isn't bad with the coupon code and GMC points. Still would like to get it a little lower.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 9.49.35 AM.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate