DFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMITH2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Tahoe with the 6.2 engine. i have read that running in 9th grear is the way to stop DFM without buying a disabler. I am afraid of voiding the warranty.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've a 2023 Tahoe with the 6.2L V8. i've read that running in 9th is the way to stop Cylinder Confusion without buying a disabler. I am afraid of voiding the warranty.
No Engine Half@$$ or Cylinder Confusion disabler plug-in has ever voided any warranty.
Your fears are unwarranted. (See what I did there?) Ask anyone using a disabler plug-in.
If those with actual experience cannot allay your fears ...

Antonm

Reaction score
No Engine Half@$$ or Cylinder Confusion disabler plug-in has ever voided any warranty.
Your fears are unwarranted. (See what I did there?) Ask anyone using a disabler plug-in.
If those with actual experience cannot allay your fears ...

Except since there is no DFM plug-in disabler in existence. If there was, I'd probably own one.

From my understanding, past the 2021 model year, each vehicle has a unique computer lockout code. Yes the code can be broken, but it has to be broken for each vehicle individually, so no plug-in tuner can be made/ sold that will disable the DFM, it has to be a custom written tune/ program for each vehicle.

If I'm wrong, please let me know as I would absolutely love to buy a plug-in DFM disabler.

GKasey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Tahoe with the 6.2 engine. i have read that running in 9th grear is the way to stop DFM without buying a disabler. I am afraid of voiding the warranty.
Your owners manual will confirm.
Our 2011 Tahoe states in M and any gear except 6th selected it will *never* go into V4 only V8. We run 4th or 5th all the time except on long flat interstate runs will select D instead of M then it will go into V4 giving a true 20 mog with the AC on.