Djm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I've been mulling over my air shocks being bad and not sure what to do. I called DJM about a 2/3 kit and I can get everything including trailing arm brackets, sway bar brackets and rear calmax shocks for like $445. I'll just drive it the way it is for the winter then just do that in the spring with some wheels.

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
Cool, have you considered a 3/5? Everyone drops there hoe 2/3 then a couple months later wants to lower it even more.

OP
OP
Tdub

Tdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I like the 3/5 but this will be the family car so that might be a bit too low.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
please pm me ill save you money i know mike at djm and you dont need to pay that price at all.

for a 2/3 drop all you need is keys/springs/shock extenders.

now for a 3/5 kit there are more items needed.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is 5/5 and its our family car. You shouldnt drive fast with your family in the car anyway. :)

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a DJM 3/5 on my 02 Tahoe and the back road like shit. I wish I would have just put bags on the back.
Get a set of keys and lower the front, and put a air bag setup on the back. I had a 2/3 at first and you could hardly tell when I put the 24's on it

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
did you have the free travel mod with teh 5 inch springs? also what shocks were you running??

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what the free travel mod is, but I grinded off my factory bump stops and installed the ones that were supplied. I used toxic drop shocks. My friend had the exact same tahoe and ordered the same kit and it....rode the same. He scrapped his stuff and bagged it after riding to the beach and getting nausious.
picture.jpg

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
toxic shocks :(

i allways use the belltech street performance on the 5 inch ones and they are good. Sorry you werent happy wiht the ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty

Latest posts