Do led front turn signals need resistors???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHILLYTONE

Banned
Reaction score
Im replacing my stock front turn signal bulbs(3157) with some new 25 led wedge bulbs i just got. Can anyone tell me if i need resistors for the bulbs or will they work as is??? Once again not the drl's, just the turn signals. Also if they do need resistors, where can i buy them? What kind do i need? And what is the installation process? Any instructions? Thanks in advance for any help, links or pics!!

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you shouldnt need resistors. The LED you mentioned comes with a built in resistor. the only thing is if you plug it in and it doesnt work, try to flip the connection. Negative/positive make a big difference in the LED world

OP
OP
PHILLYTONE

PHILLYTONE

Banned
Reaction score
I got the leds from superbrightleds.com ... They are the 25 led 3157 wedge type....if i plug them in the wrong way, will one one be dimmer or brighter than the other way or will one way just not work at all?? That question sounds weird but i think you know what i mean...

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

ANYONE VIEWING OR POSTING IN THIS THREAD, CHECK OUT MY POST IN THIS THREAD BELOW...MAYBE YOU CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION IN THERE TOO...THANKS FOR THE HELP

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12005&referrerid=4981

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

I DONT KNOW IF THIS THREAD I JUST POSTED WORKS BUT IF NOT THE THREAD IS IN THE 07+ GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION...IT'S LABELED "Help with LED rapid blinking problem" CHECK IT OUT

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh sometimes they are dimmer and sometimes they dont turn at all. i think. flipping them will fix the issue tho. i purchased all my LEDs from superbrightleds.com

tgt624824

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased LED's from VLEDS and resistors were indeed needed.

Hope that helps,
tgt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925