Door Lock Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HEy has anyone else had any problems with their door locks not locking or unlocking when they hit the buttons on the remote or the actual unlock/lock switch on the door? If anybodys knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went through that last month after letting my truck sit for about 7 months. If your rear speakers aren't working, in additon to the lumbar button on the side of the seat, it's the fuse (#13 I think). That's what the problem was in mine.

yukonjon

Reaction score
Im also curious about this. Sometimes the doors will only unlock halfway and other times the drivers door will unlock but the passenger wont. Any idea what might cause these problems. It happens whether i use the inside locks or the remote.

OP
OP
Spencer2009

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im also curious about this. Sometimes the doors will only unlock halfway and other times the drivers door will unlock but the passenger wont. Any idea what might cause these problems. It happens whether i use the inside locks or the remote.

yeah thats what mine does.

LikeArock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
back and up and left under your dash should be where your relay module is located I believe it plugs in and sticks out towards the driver seat and it is possible to get your foot there and dislodge it....I would start there since your problem is intermitent and its from both the remote and inside the vehicle...

kaleom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the same problem with my 99 Tahoe sport. But it won't lock or unlock my driver door when I activate the switch from the inside. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

LikeArock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the same problem with my 99 Tahoe sport. But it won't lock or unlock my driver door when I activate the switch from the inside. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Have you checked your switch? Light blue lock...White unlock...U can check it at ther drivers side kick panel or at the realy module just up and left of the brake....Keep us posted....

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm joining the club too!
luckily i rarely use the power locks on my Yuk since most of the time it's just me riding in it :)