Door lock problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers side door lock switch will lock and unlock all the doors except for the drivers door. When I unlock the doors using the key fob it will unlock and lock all the doors except the drivers. I have to manually open the door by hand and unlock the drivers side door by key. Has anybody ever ran into this problem or know what I can do to fix it??

Thanks,
DwDrummer

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like the motor(or whatever does it via button) is going bad on you....the same thing is going on with my stepdads F150...but its the passenger side

only thing is...your truck is new.... :shrug:

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Does it feel like its just sticky maybe?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have heard this issue has something to do with opening the door with the keyfob when it was locked with a remote.
You can try locking all the doors and pulling the +ve battery wire for 15 minutes and then reconnecting.
I know it sounds weird but its worth the try.....

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard this issue has something to do with opening the door with the keyfob when it was locked with a remote.
You can try locking all the doors and pulling the +ve battery wire for 15 minutes and then reconnecting.
I know it sounds weird but its worth the try.....

I'll give it a try man nothing can hurt! I'll report back!:Handshake:

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Well I just hooked the battery back up and it didn't fix it.....just my luck!!!!!!!!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Then your door lock actuatuor is screwed....

scottrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me. and sometimes happens to the rear passenger door too....its been like that for like 3 months.....i am taking it in on monday finally

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the door lock actuator. Join the club....I've had 3 replaced so far, waiting for the forth one to go.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prolly a dumb question but what is a door actuator?

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why tho? his truck is new? so they arent from being worn out.....

Nope they are from being cheap. When you install poor quality components they tend to break quickly. If you search it's a very common problem in the '07-up Tahoes.