Drivers side mirror glass has a vibration, how to fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers side glass vibrates and shake, I followed the tsb to cycle the mirrors open and closed 3 times and it usually helps for a week or so, then it vibrates or shakes again. I took it to the dealer and they checked it out, no glass loose, and recommended I replace the whole mirror for about $400. Wow! I see there is a motor that can be replaced, does anyone have any experience with this and woudl that fix the problem? the motor is about $50 and sounds like a much more resonable fix. Please give me your thoughts or experience about this.
thanks,

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It’s the mirror actuator / motor. NOT the motor for the power fold.

GM doesn’t like people to know about this part because they hope you buy the whole mirror. Highly suggest using only OEM GM parts not the generic A1 parts

B38991A8-93CC-400E-91AB-5A1979DE6CDC.png

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good source for replacement glass? I see kool vue on ebay, but its unheated. Others have the signal I dont want.

At $90 for a motor, plus glass, a new oem mirror for $175 (ebay) seems easier.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50-$60 for the OEM DS actuator (25808705) is a fair price.

The glass for the d/s from Kool Vue shows for $17.99. OEM stuff lasts a decade or more. It’s already cheap but you could go cheaper though.

Thanks for that link and the video on removal!

The video I found had me prying the glass upwards to disengage the tabs, instead of outwards to remove mirror with mount. Will update if I get around to replacing just the mirror glass.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The glass plus mount pops out really easily with the cover off, or the puddle lamp out, you can reach right behind and push on the bucket mount.
I did not try prying from the outside edge much. One had damage near the edge which helped in prying the cover apart.
Will probably remove the other cover soon to replace with a matte black one. Here are some pics..
IMG_0027.jpeg

looks like 4 torx screws holding motor on.
IMG_0028.jpeg

pry here against 4 tabs (1 at a time!) to separate the glass from the bucket mount.
IMG_0029.jpeg

Ordered KoolVue mirror glass from ebay, (SET-CV39GR) same as the ones petethepug listed.

UPDATE:
I removed the glass from another mirror without puddle lamps and I did not feel like removing the cover.
Plastic prybars did not work, reaching in with 2-3 fingertips to the outside edge of actuator ring and pulling worked great!
My mirror went flying, so try to hold it with other hand or secure it somehow.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap