DVD upgrade- Flip Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Choppa Jon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have a 07 Tahoe that has Nav but not DVD compatable. I am ordering a new Nav with DVD and I wanted to put a factory flip down screen but I wasn't sure if there was a harness to go from the headunit to the screen? I removed the dome light and I did not see a harness there. Has anyone done this before and can you offer some advice? Also can I just cut out the dome light hump in the headliner and add the factory flip down screen?

Thanks

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Does your Tahoe have a sunroof? The reason I ask is because if you do then the answer is yes you would remove the dome light and place your drop-down there. If you do not have the sunroof you should be able to mount the drop-down right before the interior light.

OP
OP
C

Choppa Jon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THank you. Yes it does have the sunroof but there does not seem to be a herness. I spoke with the local Chevy dealer and the parts guy doesn't seem to want to help. He said that each truck has a special harness made specific for that truck. I asked if I can buy the harness from the Nav to the screen and he could not answer that question. DO you know if this part is available and when I cut out the dome light I am assuming that the roof has provisions to mount the factory flipdown. One last question- I have a flip down from a 07 Escalade and I was assuming that it would work but I am unsure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy