Electrical problems please help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackZ-HO

Reaction score
Out of no where my 2003 chevy tahoe z71 starting going crazy, no electrical will work and it displays the message "service 4wd" and "unknown driver". i have a brand new battery and have no power drains anywhere. It starts everytime no problem and runs like a top, it just wont read any guages or allow me to use any electrical at all. Can anyone help please?

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it.. but.. it might be an ECU issue.. usually if its that sketchy.. and its alot of weird areas that have nothing to do with each other.. and its all elec shit.. its.. ECU :(

OP
OP
B

BlackZ-HO

Reaction score
Now could it be the BCM because alot of people have been telling me that also? I have a decent chunk of change set aside for this problem i just want to make sure i fix the right one.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possible.. same chain of command.. i wonder is it throwing a code.. you should have the code read

HoeRoller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For sure see if you have a code. Check all your fusing. Also, see if you can "at the chance this could fry a cluster" try another cluster to see if something went haywire with that.

OP
OP
B

BlackZ-HO

Reaction score
Well its weird because today it ran fine all day long and i just took it for a 15 min ride and the radio started going in and out and ll my electrical in the car starting going off and on, it will display 'service 4wd" and "unknown driver" then go right back to driver one and everything will work fine, im taking it to the dealership on thursday but im tryin to figure out what is exactly wrong with it.

Rpprvnce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My buddies truck did that when we started messing with his ipod tap into his factory radio... If you have any aftermarket stuff installed on your trucj especially around the radio check it out.

LaYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@BlackZ-** so did you ever figure out the problem? My wifes 2004 tahoe started to do the same thing just about a week ago and i have not seemed to find a fix for it yet. Thanks much.

notamechanic81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've recently experienced the same problem. All radio, windows, door locks, gauges, sunroof.. Nothing worked. I'd have to disconnect my battery and jump it to reset it all. At one point my car wouldn't start. I had after market alarm and radio installed and car toys said that whoever put my alarm in, did a sloppy job (stereo king). So, they went through, checked it all and I didn't have the issue for almost two months, until, I drove to bend OR on Friday and 30 minutes before arriving, I lost everything again. It's back, and I'm ready to dump this thing.

Let me know if you found a fix! I'm desperately in need!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO