energy suspension???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinking about changing the front and rear bushings while the truck is all apart for the rest of this project. Anybody use the energy suspension bushings? Worth the money? Thoughts on them? Complaints?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
is your truck stock height or lowered?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've heard good things about Energy Suspension

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will firm things up quite a bit but make sure you have a zirk fitting to keep them lubed. If not they can get squeeky.

Mike

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I've used/use Energy suspension bushings, no complaints. I use poly bushings for a few suspension components, not all Energy suspension, but sway mounts and links, and work very well to stiffen them up. I personally wouldn't use poly on all or certain components, but that's me. But Energy suspension makes great parts, so if going poly, a good company to use.

As for noise... I mainly get squeaking when cold, raining/wet. But usually don't hear anything. Will definitely stiffen up the part you put them on, so if what you're looking for. Poly bushings, and Energy suspension make some good parts.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Energy Suspension polyurathane bushings several years back on a 94 Thunderbird suspension. I was sold a special lube to apply at install. I never had any squeak issues. Great product and made a noticible difference in handling.

franksbanks

Reaction score
@ 01hoe - I just ordered a set yesterday- should be arriving this week- pricing was 42$ on ebay - - I have an issue with my truck not being as firm as I would like for it to be- I don’t have the $ right now to get upgraded sway bars.
So this is my alternative for now

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Energy Suspension polyurathane bushings several years back on a 94 Thunderbird suspension. I was sold a special lube to apply at install. I never had any squeak issues. Great product and made a noticible difference in handling.

I used that stuff too, but it rains about 8 months out of the year up here in the pacific northwest. Anywhere there is a lot of rain or snow is going to require a bit more extreme measures lol...... :)

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee