Exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

micsand21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L and I want to upgrade the muffler. I don't want it loud sounding like glass packs but I want it to sound aggressive. Any advice I would appreciate.

andrewmoore13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a flowmaster 40 and i love it. dual exit. its on a 6.0 but it works.

if you want a little quieter do a 50 series.

OP
OP
micsand21

micsand21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I've had Flowmaster before on other trucks but they were really loud. I may have had the 60 series. What do you know about Magnaflow or the other brand?

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

I also wanted to know if I kept the factory tip on it if it would sound okay or should I get a wider tip? I'm sure the wider the tip the louder it would be though, right?

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster Super 44 on a 5.3 and its great!! Love it

Nice and low down low but nice and aggressive when you get into it!

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 50 series flowmaster on my 6.0 sounds perfect IMO but have not tried any others. I also heard thrush gives a nice sound on a budget but I'm sure the flowmaster/Magnaflow debate will follow shortly...

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FlowMAster 50 SUV Series. Not to loud at idle or crusin but get on it and it's going to growl!!

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like my slp cat back it sound at idle and low rpms. just right for me. ive noticed flowmaster seem to rust n rot away more than other mufflers

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES