Extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've never purchased an extended warranty, but seems like it might be worth it this time.

Thoughts?

jlsr

Reaction score
I've always bought an extended warranty but didn't on our 15 Denali yet. Mainly because we have not kept the last few vehicles past the factory warranty time. We decided if we really like the Denali we will get extended warranty before the 12000 miles are up, especially since factory warranty is only 36000 miles. Coming from Cadillac ownership where the warranty is 4yr/50000 the GM warranty is kinda short!
So yes I would definitely buy ext warr if it's a vehicle I plan to keep for awhile.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy a lot of vehicles. 12 in the past 10 years. I never buy an extended warranty.
IMHO, it's just another profit maker for the dealer, like scotch guard and silly wax sealant..
Bumper to bumper for 3/36 or more, emissions equipment for years down the road, and with normal maintenance, there are no problems.
My Powerstroke has 7 years on it without a single issue.
The only part I can remember is a fuel filler solenoid for the Tahoe that cost my $150.00.
Considering that was the only part, I'm sure I've saved about 20k in unnecessary warranty costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23