False alert rear parking assist - '15 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ. Went through car wash today...and now when shifting into reverse the seat vibrates and red exclamation point appears on screen, as if something is RIGHT there behind me, even though it's completely clear.

I've had this happen before when the sensors are covered with snow or ice, but that's not the case right now - they're perfectly clean.

The only thing I can think of is when they walk around with the pressure wash hose before it goes through the conveyor...maybe the pressure damaged one of the sensors.

Anyone have this happen before?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ. Went through car wash today...and now when shifting into reverse the seat vibrates and red exclamation point appears on screen, as if something is RIGHT there behind me, even though it's completely clear.

I've had this happen before when the sensors are covered with snow or ice, but that's not the case right now - they're perfectly clean.

The only thing I can think of is when they walk around with the pressure wash hose before it goes through the conveyor...maybe the pressure damaged one of the sensors.

Anyone have this happen before?
Visually check the sensors and then make sure the harness is plugged in completely. They could have damaged a sensor as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24