Fan speed issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok so in my 2010 Tahoe I've been having a strange issue. The first is that the blower motor fluctuates fan speed randomly. Mostly when I'm slowing down it will turn up then I hear it slow down even tho its on full blast with a/c on. And sometimes on full blast it's not blowing very hard and then will change to blow harder but the fan speed digital hash marks stay the same. I doubt it is the resistor. I'll try disconnecting both batt cables and touching them together. If that doesn't fix it ill bring it in. The service rep at my local dealer is super nice I just got all new lifters and exhaust manifold gaskets just cause I asked for them. Also the second thing is that the power button on the climat control is peeling the black coating and light is shining through those areas on that button. Any advice??

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Oh and another thing is I never see any water under the truck after the a/c is ran. Could the drip tube be clogged

redaddiction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The peeling is going to happen on your GM interiors thanks to the use of water based products. They are more environmentally safe but not very durable.

OP
OP
baddohtentahoe
Reaction score
Well I got an appointment on Tuesday with the dealer so ill see if they can replace the climate control panel, and there going to check out the blower motor issue

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to check the blower motor resistor too. That could be causing the issue.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so in my 2010 Tahoe I've been having a strange issue. The first is that the blower motor fluctuates fan speed randomly. Mostly when I'm slowing down it will turn up then I hear it slow down even tho its on full blast with a/c on. And sometimes on full blast it's not blowing very hard and then will change to blow harder but the fan speed digital hash marks stay the same. I doubt it is the resistor. I'll try disconnecting both batt cables and touching them together. If that doesn't fix it ill bring it in. The service rep at my local dealer is super nice I just got all new lifters and exhaust manifold gaskets just cause I asked for them. Also the second thing is that the power button on the climat control is peeling the black coating and light is shining through those areas on that button. Any advice??

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Oh and another thing is I never see any water under the truck after the a/c is ran. Could the drip tube be clogged

baddohtentahoe,

Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
baddohtentahoe
Reaction score
so the truck got a new hvac control module (peice with the peeling buttons) and it got reprogrammed but the problem is still there. only when slowing down to a stop there is a dip like the power in the blower motor slows for a second. its driving me nuts. i feel like a blower motor resistor would make one fan speed not work at all instead of be intermittent "slowing" of the blower motor air output. any ideas??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1