final product looks great homlink buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
OK so i decided that i wanted all my strobes in my tahoe front n back. the biggest thing was where did i want the switches! I really wanted something that looked completly factory cause after all this is a really nice interior. so i decided to use the homelink buttons in the overhead consule. let me tell you very time consuming and lots of trial and error.

1st i took the overhead down and un did the homelink assembly.
2nd i took the motherboard out.
3rd i found push on push off switches from radio shack small ones with red button
4th installed the switches into the assembly that used to house the mother board
"keep in mind this took roughly 5 hours of trial and error
to get to this stage i ended up having to take the radio shack switches and shaving the push buttons down a little bit so that they could fit behind the homelink buttons
5th went and wired the main hot wire to the switches then and the lead wire to the strobes. and then on the same side as the lead wire to the strobes i ran a wire to 3 leds and installed them in the whole where the indicater light was for the home link. this way its much brighter and white led much cleaner looking.
6th tested everything out and popped it back up in the ceiling and wow awsome results.

I will get some final pics tomorrow but dont have any install pics the girl had the camara.

But let me stress this was very time consuming and took a lot of trial and error but if i was to go do it again i woul prob beable to do it in about 1 hour that cause i learned from my mistakes lol

OP
OP
jdub5256

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
i install many different kind of strobe and led kits on cars and trucks. this is what i do on the side so i put them on my trucks 1 for the reason i am in the fire dept. 2 for advertisement purposes. it gets alot of attention. so if anyone lives in the de. md. area and you need lights hooked up i can do that for you

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done installing my strobes. I have two whelen double linz6s mounted inside the back glass, essentially on either side of the third brake light, but inside. then the front is two linz6s flush mounted behind the grill. Noone has noticed them yet, and I dont think they ever will (unless they are on). more importantly though, as far as removing the homelink system... I used a wireless key fob...it looks just like a key fob for your truck, but with an on and off switch. I just leave that in my center console, and can control the lights from inside or outside the car. More importantly, no drilling or routing wires around that beautiful dash... look into it next time...

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any photos? What type lights are you using at the bottom of the rear hatch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee