Front driver side temp control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dogman_1969

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The driver side of my 2004 Yukon seems to have an issue with the temperature control. I adjust it to defrost and turn it to heat and it blows out the defrost but is cold. I suspect it is the blend valve but wonder since the front of the Yukon has both driver and passenger side temp controls do I have 2 blend valves?

And I also suspect that I will have to take the console out to get to it. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

Darrell

osc006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem and I always have suspected the blend door actuator but recently I noticed that the light on the temperature control switch\slider was out....just for driver side. I wonder if it's the switch that failed. Do you have a slider to set temperature or button (digital)?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dominer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your actuator for the drivers side temp control should be on the passenger side of the center console by their feet.There is a black cover that covers up all vents etc near the floorboard, take that cover off and the actuator you can see under there. Easy to get to. I just changed the Passenger side which is buried in the dash and takes about three hours total for the job. You can change the drivers side in about 15 minutes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925