Front leveling with autoride...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 03 'Hoe has auto ride and Im cosidering adding a front leveling kit to even out the stance and eventually run a taller tire...something in the 33in size. Now till those tires and wheels come i want to consider just running a 265/75/16..i dont think the stock rims could support much wider.

My questions is what if any problems would i run into with the autoride suspension in the rear? I have been looking at ready-Lift and Truxx spacers..anyone have experiance with them?

Any and all info and input is greatly appreicated. Thanks in advance,
Vince aka BigBlack

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should not need a leveling kit to run 33's. I am assuming you want to run a 285/75/16? You may get a little bit of rubbing and if that is the case you can crank the front keys a little to fix that.

If you want to you can run ford keys to gain some lift and put a small spacer in the rear.

I would personally avoid the ford keys and spacer with the autoride. This will just cause more wear and tear on it and we all know how expensive those parts are.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the lift and larger wheels/tires may be on hold for a bit anyway...just founf out the gf is 6 weeks preggo lol...but thats a good...really good thing

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Some compnaies offer a override "thing" that plugs into the autoride cable that tricks the system. So you could run normal shocks and have the autoride system be "normal"

Not sure who offered it though. You could always call a shock company though

04kon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Hey hows it going I have an 04 with auto ride and I put a 1 inch spacer on rear along and cranked up keys in the front to level out. I bought new rear air shocks from this company called Arnott they are bilstein shocks and they came along with some sensors to bypass the error message on the dash. The shocks ride really good very smooth. here is a link to ebay auction where i bought them http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMC-...ccessories&hash=item45f289a14e#ht_1961wt_1165 I am running LT285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on XD Rockstar wheels and I just cranked up the torsion bars enough to where the tires would clear and not rub.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey hows it going I have an 04 with auto ride and I put a 1 inch spacer on rear along and cranked up keys in the front to level out. I bought new rear air shocks from this company called Arnott they are bilstein shocks and they came along with some sensors to bypass the error message on the dash. The shocks ride really good very smooth. here is a link to ebay auction where i bought them http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMC-...ccessories&hash=item45f289a14e#ht_1961wt_1165 I am running LT285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on XD Rockstar wheels and I just cranked up the torsion bars enough to where the tires would clear and not rub.

Any pics? I wuld love to see how it sits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1