Garage door buttons (Homelink/Lear)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strongz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 2010 Tahoe LT and it doesn't have the 3 buttons (GM Universal Home Remote) in the overhead console for the garage door opener. Is there anyway to add this? I saw a thread for adding it to an 07/08 Sierra, but don't know if it's possible to do this in a 2010 Tahoe. Can someone send me the link to the part I need to order?

Here's the link to the thread for the 2007/08 Sierra:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78594&st=0

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up there are a variety of different overhead consoles they are all plug and play just with different buttons. I also did the swap on my yukon sle its really simple swap everything is plug and play. dont have the part numbers sorry I'll try and get it after work.

trysixty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
By all means.............do not get a lear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worse pos ever had. Homelink works great on my camaro, lear does not work at all on tahoe.

OP
OP
S

strongz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like I'm going to stick with the cheap-o garage door opener that came with the opener itself. Tucks away nicely in the console, and a whole lot cheaper!

metalemt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By all means.............do not get a lear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worse pos ever had. Homelink works great on my camaro, lear does not work at all on tahoe.

The homelink in my camaro had terrible range. I just installed what i bought as homelink but ended up being a lear today. I had problems at first but, when I realized it was programmed like a new remote vs a signal copier like the homelink went wayyyyy easier. The instructions in my manual were kinda funky, but their website made it a little easier.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like I'm going to stick with the cheap-o garage door opener that came with the opener itself. Tucks away nicely in the console, and a whole lot cheaper!

Wouldn't a problem with that option be if someone broke into your vehicle, obtained the opener and your address from an insurance card, for instance, and burglarized your home while you're away? :shrug:

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize how much I like the homelink until I got my wife a new car last month. Her old car had it and the new one does not. Sux to have to carry a garage door opener in the car. Luckily my Tahoe has it.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We sell those on our website. Oempartsdirectinc.com. Under accessories.

G17GEN4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did anyone else have issues programming theirs? I followed the instructions and had no luck. It seems rather laborious compared to previous vehicles I've owned. My GS 330 was simple to program.