Gen 4 oil pump on LM7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hey gentlemen
Got a quick question. I’m rebuilding an LM7. My customer is on a budget and we not replacing oil pump. But i was wondering i have a left over oem oil pump from my 6.2 Denali rebuild.
So... is it possible as long as I change the spring to reuse this oil pump on this lm7 build? Or just keep the same oil pump?

We are NOT trying to make a 1K h/p performance monster. We are just trying to make this engine be a little bit more reliable since we’ve already are going to out a slighty bigger V2 cam.

Any feedbak would be appreciated. Im probably going to button up that engine this week.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just reuse the 5.3 pump. If the engine had good oil pressure before, there's really no need to replace the pump. You can open it up to inspect and clean.

I reused the pump on my 06 Suburban on the engine rebuild @ 260k. It makes good oil pressure...

OP
OP
Fernando Escobar
Reaction score
Just reuse the 5.3 pump. If the engine had good oil pressure before, there's really no need to replace the pump. You can open it up to inspect and clean.

I reused the pump on my 06 Suburban on the engine rebuild @ 260k. It makes good oil pressure...
The oil pressure was decent I think when I turned it on. one of the lifters chewed up the camshaft and the rest is history. I will clean that pump up and have ready for the reinstall., thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24