Getting Ready For Spring/Summer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do to your rides after winter has passed?

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks at the beginning of March and while im gone im leaving my Tahoe at my mechanics so he can do a few things for me while im gone. Figured it would be the best time to do some preventative maintenance. Tell me some things I should consider doing while im gone and it's in the shop.

I'm getting ALL my fluids flushed and replaced. Which means oil (due for a change anyways so works out perfectly), trans, coolant, etc. Replacing fuel filter and idler arm (idler is ******, should I replace my pitman while im at it?). Getting a full tune up and trying out E3 plugs. Fuel/intake/injectors cleaned. All new gatorback belts. Removing running boards and roof rack. New door pins on drivers side. New front brakes with slotted rotors, hawk pads, and SS lines (almost the same as haks310's setup). And when I get back my buddy who does body work is fixing all my rust, dents and scratches. Then hopefully some new 22's. :D

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Very nice man! Since I live in florida, there is no change from winter to summer or spring or fall. But, I think this spring/summer I'm gonna finish my interior. Get the new bumper on. Paint some shit. Fix any rattles. Redo wires/hoses. Make the engine bay alittle nicer.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Wow. Nicely done. Uh, are you including the diffs in the fluid swap? Super cheap, and will add lots of time. Do both front and back. Maybe inspect the u-joints, hubs, and ball joints for play? New shocks? Those are some cheap/easy ones, if you're looking for a total makeover....

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Nicely done. Uh, are you including the diffs in the fluid swap? Super cheap, and will add lots of time. Do both front and back. Maybe inspect the u-joints, hubs, and ball joints for play? New shocks? Those are some cheap/easy ones, if you're looking for a total makeover....

Yup both front and back diffs included in the fluid swap. U-joints were replaced before winter hit so im good there. Hubs, shocks and ball joints, are those cheap including parts and labor?

Also does anyone know if our Tahoes have cabin air filters? They don't correct?

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
If you have the front end completely off the ground, it takes 30 seconds to check the hubs and ball joints. There's a write up I did about that in the tech section. I'm too lazy to link to it. :) But they're a little more costly if you replace them.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washing and waxing it about 1000 times lol..

gotta get the rims out of storage and polish them up again

probably repaint the hitch since the salt makes it rust every winter

and just save up some money for some more mods (cam, headers, more drop)

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
park the yukon in the street and take the cover off my SS lol. and when im feeling good ill wash it up and throw some wax on it

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a good cleaning, I can not wait to wash my truck at my own house.

AMEN!

I was forced to wash my truck once this winter. I was attending one of mybuddies wedding. My truck was FILTHY that my buddies inscribed *****'s all over the back window. I couldnt do that at the Hall with Valet Parking.

Summer PLANS! WASH, WAX, Through back on the 22's, Install LT headers, Exhaust S/C, HIDS IN FOGS and finish putting back the interior from the leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee