Gibson Exhaust Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedyhen

Reaction score
Anyone ever purchase/own/tested a Gibson Exhaust System for a '02 Tahoe? (Gibson 5601 Dual Exhaust System Kit). I want it to be quite when its on Idle or when im on the freeway BUT I want it to be loud when I push down on the gas pedal...

I am also open to just getting a new muffler instead of the full exhaust system and any suggestions are welcomed

lastly, any good deals on either mufflers or full exhaust systems?

thanks a lot!

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Magnaflow exhaust - and its quiet at idle - Nice rumble but its not much louder than stock - but you get on it and Hello - you know she is there! I'm happy with it.

Also - on long trips.. Its just slightly louder than stock - not annoying at all.

Does not capture sound very well -but you see...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C91wm1Vn2z0

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Gibson cat-back on my '07.

The bad: The quality of the product is not the best out there but it still does the job. I've had mine on for about two years now and it seems to be holding up just fine.

The good: The price is right. The sound is simply AMAZING. Combined with my K&N CAI, my truck sounds just 100% badass. Not redneck or obnoxious, it's nice and quiet if you drive it like a grandma, but when you jump on it, holy crap, it's ********....

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any clips/videos? i wonder how big of a difference there is between quality from a gibson to a magnaflow
I have the Gibson Dual Sport kit.... This is a clip from Gibson's website of an '08 Tahoe with 5.3L and the Dual Sport kit.

CLICKY

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say the magnaflow fit perfectly, and its been on there over a year now - no issues - and looks good!1 ( I live where there is alot of salt too!! )

OP
OP
speedyhen

speedyhen

Reaction score
drone

what about drone? the last thing i want is to be driving @ 70-80 and having to wish i had never bought an exhaust because of the dronning noise...

which has less drone, the magnaflow or the gibson?
(im referring to a single pipe magnaflow or the dual-sports gibson)

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about drone? the last thing i want is to be driving @ 70-80 and having to wish i had never bought an exhaust because of the dronning noise...

which has less drone, the magnaflow or the gibson?
(im referring to a single pipe magnaflow or the dual-sports gibson)

Cant speak to the gibson but I can say I was always worried about the same thing.. and I am SO happy - I can cruise 80 mph - and sure you do hear it a little - but its NOT a drone.. and its not even that noticeable unless the radio is off and you are listening for it.

Its a great setup - and you have the same concerns I did.. I am happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970