GMX-550 in Escalade EXT: Operation Videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adcmobile

Reaction score
We just did a very cool GMX-550 install in an Escalade EXT that had the factory navi but no rear entertainment, so we programmed the head unit for DVD output, added Rosen rear seat headrest monitors and a front camera, and shot the following two videos showing just about all facets of the installation:

Navi bypass & camera operation
iPod interface & rear entertainment outputs

The first clip shows the navi bypass and front/rear camera operation, and the second one shows all the iPod/iPhone audio and video features (including streaming YouTube from the iPhone), as well as all the rear seat headrest monitor output options.

If you ask me, this mod is DEFINITELY a no-brainer for this vehicle!

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the wire to hook up the "rearview camera" wire? I know they said on the older models to look for a blue wire under the passenger seat, but I have a 2010, and heard it wasn't under there on 2010's and up. I already have the GMX550 and the bypasses work, but the video options (sent to rear headrests) don't work. Neither does the ipod unit.

OP
OP
adcmobile

adcmobile

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the wire to hook up the "rearview camera" wire? I know they said on the older models to look for a blue wire under the passenger seat, but I have a 2010, and heard it wasn't under there on 2010's and up. I already have the GMX550 and the bypasses work, but the video options (sent to rear headrests) don't work. Neither does the ipod unit.

Yeah, the instructions with this piece generally suck...

The rear camera wire is the dark blue wire in the top right port, top right pin in the left I/P Junction block (to the left of the brake pedal - pull the cover off and you'll see the wires underneath). Verify this goes hot when you go into reverse.

Cut this blue wire and connect the orange/black wire from the GMX-550 to the CAR SIDE of the blue wire you just cut (not the PLUG SIDE).

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is the car side of the wire? Coming from the left side box or from the center console? Just wanted to clarify before I tried it.

OP
OP
adcmobile

adcmobile

Reaction score
Which is the car side of the wire? Coming from the left side box or from the center console? Just wanted to clarify before I tried it.

See if this clears it up:
gmx-550_camera.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pknewcombe83

Latest posts